Monday, July 24, 2006

Gross Headline Pun of the Day*


White Webbing

From today's Chicago Sun-Times, hedding an article on couples who webcast their weddings.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it an 8, because the pun effectively links the two subjects of the article, but the word "webbing" isn't actually in use by the internet community (hence 2 points short); and for having put that Billy Idol song in my head, and thus making the article good to dance to. Readers unfamiliar with American Bandstand are forgiven for missing the latter allusion. Perhaps you might have caught the Sesame Street, though, in which a Billy Idol-styled muppet rocks out to the "rebel L" . . . ?

* See my July 14 post, in which I announced that I would be starting a collection of gross journalistic puns.

No comments: